Health and Safety Monitoring DeepHack
September 24-26, 2021
Check out the award ceremony:
14 teams created solutions for very important challenges such as obesity and diabetes, fires, accidents, drowning, integration of the blind and deaf, diseases of the skin, and several others. After intense deliberation, the judges decided on a first, a second and two shared third places.
The winning team conceived an Advanced BMI solution, developing a more precise measure for the Body Mass Index by using computer vision and AI on the edge without compromising privacy. During the weekend, Aïcha, Mayank, Johnny, Lauri and Marvin created an affordable working prototype for body measurement as well as an app which displays the private data on a smartphone. Congratulations team!
Moritz, Tim, Nick, Timo, and Philipp 3D-printed a small, low-power IoT device which also works as an offline solution without WiFi. It is worn by firefighters and provides visuals and real-time sensor readings, incl. toxic gases. This data can be seen in FEUERMAP, a live heatmap. Well done, FEUER-team!
Congratulations to Bonnie, András, Máté, Grzegorz, and Leonard with their Drowning Detection System for the shared 3rd Place! Their solution will extend and complement the capabilities of lifeguards. Semi-automatic drones will be patrolling a beach coast with a stereo camera, which utilizes visualization on the edge with gesture detection and localization features.
The Stata Mater – Intelligent Wildfire Prevention Platform trained intelligent cameras to look for and identify risky vegetation. The data are visualized by an app that shows active risks and offers recommendations on how to solve them. Their initial customers will be insurers who will reward property owners if they install the camera and act by the recommendations. Congrats to Jhorman, Andrés, and Beatrice!
Leaders and Experts in AI Technology, startups, business and health. They were excited about the ideas and pitches of the teams.
Network and Edge Group
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Thank You to Our Mentors
An excellent and diverse group of mentors supported our teams during the first Transatlantic AI Hackathon:
- Erik Kokalj, Software developer, Luxonis
- Karolina Piekarz, Operations Manager, Luxonis
- Łukasz Piłatowski, Embedded AI Developer, Luxonis
- Jason Burris, OpenVINO Academic Program Manager, Network and Edge Group, Intel
- Thomas Neubert, Senior Director Strategic Business Development & Innovation, Intel
- Devang Aggarwal, Product Analyst – AI/ML, Computer Vision, and IoT, Intel
- Adrian Boguszewski, AI Inference Software Evangelist, Intel
- Mrinal Karvir, Software Engineering Manager, Intel
- Maajid Khan N, Deep Learning Software Engineer, Intel
- Ezequiel Lanza, Field Application Engineer (IoT/AI), Intel
- Kavitha Krishnan, Head of Innovation Center Network, Bangalore, SAP
- Marcus Krug, Head of Innovation Center Network, Berlin/Potsdam, SAP
- Samuel Boehme, Technology Lead and Business Advisor, SAP Innovation Center Network
- Jake Wyrick, Senior Associate, WilmerHale
- Ragnar Kruse, Co-Founder & Managing Director, AI.Fund and AI.Hamburg
- Gilles Allain, International Business Leader, EIT Digital Accelerator
- David Chechelashvili, SVP Business Development, Xpand Vision
- Elisabeth L’Orange, CCO, Oxolo GmbH
The pandemic has accelerated digitalization in many areas and has tremendously raised the general awareness around health and safety. The first Transatlantic AI Hackathon will pick-up on these important developments and dive deeper into the possibilities of how edge AI can help improve health and safety in new and creative ways.
The Transatlantic AI Hackathon – Health and Safety Monitoring DeepHack calls for your AI-powered sensor and computer vision solutions at the edge. Imagine how intelligent local devices collect and evaluate data in real time to aid individuals or groups of people to stay safe and healthy.
This information session informs potential participants, contributors and the general public about the challenge, prizes, give-aways, sponsors, process, and requirements.
Watch the video and get plenty of information about the process, the format of the Hackathon, and best practices.